Friday, May 29, 2009

Battle of the Bands (Pre Vid)

I can tell a school year was good depending on how awesome Battle of the Bands is at the end of the year. This time it was no different. The music was loud, the bands were rocking, and by the end of it all, everyone was hyped!. Near the end of the school year here at Oregon State, we hold a day long concert called Battle of the Bands. Going into it my first year of college, I didn't know what to expect, in high school the bands were just punk band wannabes, but at the concert it was so much better all around. What instantly got me was that year's winners Honest to Empire. They still brought it this year as the headliners of Battle of the Bands. When they closed the show, the entire quad erupted and it was just fun. I didn't get to check them out, but this year's winner were Pseusoboss. My friend Michael's band Target for Tomorrow got third place which is impressive. The lineup for this year was what brought down the show, as the good bands were placed at sporadic times instead of being the showcase at the end of the show. I got some poorly shot footage from the last 2 hours of the show, and my camera sadly croaked out during Honest to Empire. I'm going to compile this footage with tomorrow's footage of the Shwayze concert on saturday, so stay tuned.

Honest to Empire's website: www.myspace.com/honesttoempire
Target for Tomorrow's website: www.myspace.com/target4tomorrow

No comments: